Who is making a stand on the principles of moral and God focused living?
What are we hanging on to today?
- Giving thanks
- Taking note of another servant in need of care, love, joy, and encouragement during a time of illness (in this case it was Epaphroditis)
- Preparing for the trials they would endure
- Encouraging them to keep that unity so necessary for the body of Christ to function properly
There are many things we can consider just as Paul shared with the Philippians.
- Am I continuing to give thanks to God for HIM and for others?
- Am I continuing to give thanks for His blessings?
- Am I able to give thanks even for my trials
- Am I remembering to be there for those who have needs that arise doing what I can, even if it is simply a word of prayer or encouragement?
- And finally am I making sure to be aware and prepared for the evil workers that might come and find selfish ways to destroy what God is doing
- That JOY shows through collective prayer (silently or vocally bringing each other to the throne of God by our interceding for those God places on our hearts)
- That willingness to share Jesus with others whenever we can, in whatever way we can.
- Our Faith in action. Does our walk show others we are blessed because we live in Faith?
- Another mark of the Christian shows when we are unified in fellowship
- Strife when it threatens to embrace us
- Bitterness which can creep up on us when someone or something brings us emotional pain
- Jealousy which tears us apart because we refuse to be content with who we are
- Standoffishness which makes others think we don’t want to have them around
- Self Pity which is another SELF problems which comes at us when we least expect it, or open ourselves up to it